The Knowledge Manager-Law will be responsible to perform research and analysis in law and public policy. He/She will support the Steering Committee, Director General (DG) and ED, NIUM and undertake primary and secondary research, including case laws, advocacy and litigation in furtherance of the Institute’s focus areas which are municipal finance, urban and infrastructure planning, social development, environment and others. He/She will support in understanding the local legal procedures and instruments and provide legal expertise and prepare legal briefs and opinions. He/She will be required to draft contracts/ agreements, MoUs/MoAs, and other legal documents. He/She must effectively perform any other necessary tasks as needed to DG, NIUM, EDs and Directors of Centres of Excellence in the implementation of urban sector programmes and reforms, research, training, etc.
Recruitment will be initially for one year, subject to extension based on performance.
Master’s degree in Law, or equivalent, post-graduate degree in Public Policy, Business Administration with Bachelors in Law, from highly reputed Universities/ Institutions. Candidates must have thorough knowledge in dealing with contracts and must possess excellent skills in drafting contracts/agreements, sale deeds, MoAs & MoUs, and other legal agreements in compliance to the rules prevailing or in force. Candidates must possess the relevant work experience and of at least 3 years.
Desirable Qualifications: Candidates with exposure to government functioning and liasoning experience with Authorities relating to legal matters are desirable. The candidate should have good research, writing, communication and presentation skills.
Any other qualifications that meet the requirements of the job would also be considered.
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed qualifications for that post.
- Women candidates fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply for the posts.
- Mere possession of the education qualifications and requisite experience will not entitle any right to be called for interview or selection.
- The applications received after due date or without enclosures or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Unsolicited communication regarding this advertisement will lead disqualification of the candidate’s application.
- Any form of soliciting will lead to automatic disqualification.
Interested Candidates can apply along with covering letter and CV on or before March 25, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.