Job Description: The Knowledge Managers will be required to provide technical inputs for supporting the Steering Committee, Director General (DG) and ED, NIUM, preparing Annual Plan under Projects, including Capacity Building Programmes, supporting implementation of Annual Plan and its review by DG, NIUM, Principal Secretary, etc., preparing TORs for Training Modules, Research Studies and Training Programmes, drawing Calendar of Training Programmes, facilitating conduct of research studies by experts engaged by NIUM and its partnership institution CGG, etc. by providing support, supervising and participating in training programmes, assisting cities in the implementation of Mission Mode programmes such as Smart Cities, Urban Rejuvenation and Transformation, Housing for All, etc. and Urban Sector Reform Agenda, and rendering other assistance as needed to DG, NIUM, EDs and Directors of Centres of Excellence in the implementation of urban sector programmes and reforms, research, training, etc.
Recruitment will be initially for one year, subject to extension based on performance.
Essential Qualifications: Master’s degree or higher degree from highly reputed Universities/ Institutions such as Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (CEPT), Schools of Planning & Architecture (SPA), Schools of Public Policy – in the Government and private sectors among others, with specialisation in fields of relevance to Urban Management such as Urban & Regional Planning, Infrastructure & Transport Planning, Public Policy, Economics, Political Science, Urban Governance, and Environmental Planning, IT and e-Governance, among others.
Desirable Qualifications: The candidates should have good research, communication and presentation skills. Preference would be given to candidates possessing research work experience and/or consulting of at least 1 year. Familiarity with government functioning is desirable.
Any other qualifications that meet the requirements of the job would also be considered.
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed qualifications for that post.
- Women candidates fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply for the posts.
- Mere possession of the education qualifications and requisite experience will not entitle any right to be called for interview or selection.
- The applications received after due date or without enclosures or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Unsolicited communication regarding this advertisement will lead disqualification of the candidate’s application.
- Any form of soliciting will lead to automatic disqualification.
Interested Candidates can apply along with covering letter and CV on or before March 25, 2019 to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.