JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ACCOUNTANT
National Institute of Urban Management (NIUM) is looking for efficient and resilient accounts with a profound understanding of Accounting Techniques and Methods.
- Position: Accountant
- Number of positions: 1
- Basic Qualifications: Education – M.Com – Preference will be given to candidates who cleared at least CA Inter.
- Experience – 2-4 years in the relevant field
Other Prerequisites: Understands Government finance rules and regulations, Income Tax/GST compliances, Tally software, competent in documentation, analytical thinking and communication.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Preparing accounts and tax returns.
- Keeping account books and systems up to date.
- Income Tax and GST Compliances.
- Payroll Management.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary.
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation and analysis.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Monitoring spending and budgets.
- Auditing and analysing financial performance.
- Compiling and presenting financial and budget reports.
- Ensure that financial statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills Additional experience in Audit.